Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Right Path




One of the small things I want to do this new year is to experiment with food, by this I mean, to get out of my comfort zone of cooking the same thing all the time. My idea is to try to cook something new, maybe even a whole meal at the end of each month. Hopefully, my family will come to love this idea, which I guess will depend on the success of my adventure. I'm going to be in search of a menu and some recipes, I'll make a plan of action and note it as soon as I can for what will be the plan for January.

My husband's birthday is just a few days away....bless his heart, it is usually not that great of a celebration for him, since it comes on the heels of Christmas and New Year. I'm planning a special dinner with friends on Saturday for him. He has requested Lasagna, salad, and bread. I haven't decided whether to make a cake or make him a pie...he loves pumpkin pie and says he can never get it enough, so I just might take him at his word and make that his birthday present every year from now on, a Pumpkin Pie instead of cake.

The minister preached about NEW this morning....and don't we all love having something NEW and having a NEW year gives us a release from the past makes everything fresh and a starting over place. And I've vowed to read the bible through this year....and finding it online I hope is going to be a big help as I enjoying being online. So far, I'm on track and doing good. This is something I really want to achieve, so I'm going to have to stay focused.

I love the Pottery Barn, rarely can afford to purchase anything, but I love their merchandise and ideas, etc. I get their newsletter, etc...and they shared a big sale, so I went to check it out and found this beautiful inspiration for my beach room! Also found this great idea and products for making a wall organizer, I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment