Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Food & Friends

Ham & Potato Casserole

 
3 - 4 med. potatoes
 
2 c. chopped ham
 
1 Tbsp. minced onions
 
1 tsp salt
 
dash of pepper
 
2 Tbsp. margarine
 
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
 
2 1/2 c. milk
 
1/2 c. grated cheese
 
 
Pare & slice potatoes.  Boil for a few minutes.  Drain potatoes and mix in casserole dish with ham, and minced onions.  Add salt and pepper to margarine and cornstarch and milk to make a white sauce.  Pour sauce over potatoes and ham.  Sprinkle cheese on top.  Bake @ 325 for 30 min.
 
 
I made this recipe this weekend...and all I could think about was my dear friend Elyssa Clayton.  She gave me this recipe.  My friend had me over to her home for a special luncheon for just the two of us.  This is where my love of pink peppermint ice cream comes in; you see, she prepared this wonderful dish with love and shared a meal with me.  How precious is food shared with friends!
 
Because of this sweet gift, it has blessed me many times over!  Every time I make it and share it with family or friends, I'm transported to the wonderful time we spent together and she is with me in my heart and soul and mind!   Love you Elyssa!
 
 
Proverbs 27:17

No comments:

Post a Comment