Friday, April 18, 2014

Time with Lisa

A friend from my youth and I have had the opportunity to reunite after lots of years apart!  And now for the past 3 or so years we have spent at least one Saturday out of every month together.  It has been a blessing that has enriched my soul!  It's like we've never been apart, but yet so much is different we realize the years that have flown. 

Much to my delight I spent this past Saturday with my friend and I made her breakfast and as it has become our custom exchanged a gift.  As I prepared for this special day, I picked up and cleaned my house as best as I could on the time I had to do so, and I made "Sausage Egg Casserole" a recipe from another friend from my decorating years.  This gave me double joy as I had memories of that friend flooding my mind with elegant times spent in her home on many occasions enjoying her gracious hospitality!  

As much as can be possible the time spent with friends can never be wasted, nor the time spent with family.  Keep up with those you love and spend precious moments every chance you get and make time when you need too!  We never know what tomorrow holds for us or for those we love!

 

Sausage Egg Casserole

 

1 lb cooked sausage

2 c milk

1 tsp mustard

1 c grated cheddar cheese

6 eggs slightly beaten

1 tsp garlic salt

2 slices day old bread crushed

3 tbsp. chopped onion

 

Mix together all ingredients place in a 9 x 13 casserole dish and let set overnight in refrigerator.  Bake at 350 for approximately 45 minutes.  Cool slightly and serve.
 
  

Matthew 6:34 - Enjoy your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment